Pinellas County Florida Banner
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 22-1981A    Version: 1
Type: Contract/Agreement Status: Regular Agenda
File created: 10/26/2022 Department: Public Works
On agenda: 12/13/2022 Final action:
Title: Change Order No. 2 to R.J.P. Enterprises, Inc. for the Sidewalk and Underdrain Replacement Program for Fiscal Years 2021-2023.
Attachments: 1. FE_AATF - Change Order No. 2 signed, 2. Contract RVW_22-1981A_22Nov22.pdf
Related files: 22-1341A, 20-2384A

Subject:

Title

Change Order No. 2 to R.J.P. Enterprises, Inc. for the Sidewalk and Underdrain Replacement Program for Fiscal Years 2021-2023.

label

Recommended Action:

Recommended Action

Approval of Change Order No. 2 to R.J.P. Enterprises, Inc. for the Sidewalk and Underdrain Replacement Program for Fiscal Years 2021-2023.

 

                     This contract provides for removal and replacement of curbs, sidewalks, and underdrains at various locations throughout the County.

                     Change Order No. 2 increases the contract by $700,000.00 to fund additional work related to completing the Sidewalk Backlog Program.

                     The Sidewalk Backlog Program is 85% complete with 7 months to complete the remaining 15%.

                     This contract was approved by the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) on April 13, 2021, in the amount of $3,115,360.00 for a duration of 1,098 consecutive calendar days; Change Order No.1 increased the contract by $350,000.00 to fund additional work related to completing the Sidewalk Backlog Program and was approved by the BCC on September 8, 2022.

                     Change Order No. 2 funding is derived from the Public Works operating budget associated with the $4,000,000.00 allocation to the Sidewalk Backlog Program.

 

Contract No. 21-0216-CP AJM to increase amount by $700,000.00 for a new total of $4,165,360.00; Authorize the Chairman to sign and the Clerk of the Circuit Court to attest.

Body

 

Strategic Plan:

Strategic Ensure Public Health, Safety and Welfare
2.5 Enhance pedestrian and bicycle safety

Foster Continual Economic Growth and Vitality
4.4 Invest in infrastructure to meet current and future needs
4.5 Provide safe and effective transportation systems to the efficient flow of motorists

Deliver First Class Services to the Public and Our Customers
5.2 Be responsible stewards of the public’s resources
5.3 Ensure effective and efficient of county services and support)

 

Summary:Summary

The improving jobs market has allowed the contactor to hire more staff and increase the rate of work.  Due to this increased effort from the current contractor, Public Works is requesting to add $700,000.00 to cover ongoing work until award of a new contract, which is currently advertised. The new contract is anticipated for award on a February BCC agenda.  Therefore, the funding of $700,000.00 will cover the remaining backlog of work until a new contract is in place in February of 2023.

Body

 

Background Information:

This contract was approved by the BCC on April 13, 2021, in the amount of $3,115,360.00 for a duration of 1,098 consecutive calendar days.  Change Order No.1 increased the contract by $350,000.00 to fund additional work related to completing the Sidewalk Backlog Program and was approved by the BCC on September 8, 2022.

 

Fiscal Impact:

Original Agreement Amount:                                           $3,115,360.00

Increase due to Change Order No. 1:                     $   350,000.00

Increase due to Change Order No. 2:                     $   700,000.00

Final Revised Agreement Amount:                     $4,165,360.00

 

 

Change Order No. 2 funding is derived from the Public Works operating budget associated with the $4,000,000.00 allocation to the Sidewalk Backlog Program.

 

Staff Member Responsible:

Kelli Hammer Levy, Director, Public Works
Merry Celeste, Division Director, Purchasing & Risk, Administrative Services
Joe Lauro, Director, Public Works

 

Partners:

N/A

 

Attachments:

Change Order 2