Nine applications for funding under the Penny for Pinellas Employment
Conditional approval and funding of nine projects presented here following the
successful completion of due diligence to comply with program guidelines as
determined by the County Administrator.
It is further recommended that the Board of County Commissioners delegate authority
to the County Administrator to negotiate and execute all agreements and
documentation associated with the Employment Sites Program project funding.
A total of nine applications were received and evaluated. Based on scoring evaluations
and the determination of these projects' readiness to proceed, all applications are
recommended for conditional funding at this time.
* Harrod Properties - Starkey Lakes, in the amount of $2,800,000.00 to offset costs
related to stormwater vaults and fill dirt required for a new 160,000 square foot
industrial building in Largo.
* Wendover Real Estate, in the amount of $1,952,000.00 to assist in underwriting a
vaulted detention system to maximize development and meet stormwater regulations
with the development of a 69,006 square foot manufacturing addition to their existing
headquarter building in unincorporated Largo.
* Agora Edge, in the amount of $1,717,412.00 to help on infrastructure costs associated
with a complete buildout of the site as well as the relocation of municipal utilities. The
project will construct a new 47,900 square foot light manufacturing facility on 6 acres
(currently undeveloped) located at the corner of 20th Avenue North and 29th Street
North in St. Petersburg.
* B&R Enterprise - FGCI, in the amount of $385,969.00 to offset costs associated with
unanticipated building code regulations for the rehabilitation of an existing 22,551
square foot industrial building located in the Lealman CRA.
* Sunshine Properties LLP, in the amount of $405,275.00 to cover stormwater work,
and a fire sprinkler system in the new building to meet code requirements. Dosatron
and Diluted Solutions are growing their current facility from 14,000 square feet to over
25,000 square feet on their existing site in Clearwater.
* Auburn Supply Group, in the amount of $327,000.00 to offset the rising costs of
construction to their new 12,000 square foot industrial building in Tarpon Springs.
* Tampa Bay Innovation Center, in the amount of $4,000,000.00 to assist in
underwriting the construction of a three-story, 45,000 square foot technology facility for
the Innovation Center in the site located in St. Petersburg.
* Lockheed Martin, in the amount of $906,000.00 to off-set the costs associated with
significant import of fill dirt, environmental preservation, and stormwater improvements
to the property to accommodate a new 45,000 square foot industrial building in
* 8th Ave SE Industrial LLC, in the amount of $950,000.00 to assist in remediation of
the site and removal of materials along with clean fill dirt for the structures. The project
will be two new industrial flex buildings that will total 197,000 square feet located in